<!–googleoff: index–>As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.<!–googleon: index–>
Cotoletta Alla Bolognese
The Cotoletta alla Bolognese is a recipe typical of the rich culinary tradition of Bologna. It is a very rich and substantial dish consisting of slices of veal, breaded and fried, then covered with ham and Parmesan cheese and put in a pan over low heat with a lid. The steam will soften the ham and melt the cheese, ending in a delicious result.
- 1 large egg
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 400 g veal cutlets
- 100 g vegetable oil for frying
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 80 g Parmesan cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoon hot tomato sauce
- Beat the egg with a pinch of salt. Set up two plates: one with the beaten egg and one with the breadcrumbs.
- First, dip the veal in the egg, and then lay the veal on the breadcrumbs, covering both sides.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil until hot, then add the cutlets, making sure they do not overlap, and cook on both sides over moderate heat.
- When golden on both sides, lower the heat and arrange a slice of ham on each one with cheese on top. Put the lid on until the cheese has melted.
- Serve very hot and garnish with a spoonful of tomato sauce on top.
Sodium: 749mgCalcium: 333mgVitamin A: 156IUSugar: 3gFiber: 2gPotassium: 483mgCholesterol: 92mgCalories: 393kcalSaturated Fat: 5gFat: 11gProtein: 35gCarbohydrates: 37gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Now you know how to make Cotoletta Alla Bolognese. Would you like to try cooking it?