As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
A staple snack from Barcelona. Looks like an ordinary grilled cheese sandwich, but it's so much more than that. Cheese, cold cut, arugula, truffle spread...what more could you ask for?
- 2 slices Bread sliced
- 15 g Jamón serrano
- 12 g Chorizo Pamplona
- 15 g Chorizo Salchichon
- 16 g Cheese Manchego
- 2 slices Cheese Cheddar (sliced/singles)
- 25 g Arugula finely chopped
- 10 g Butter unsalted, cubed in half
- 10 g Truffle paste
- 20 g Cream cheese
- Mix together the truffle paste and cream cheese. Set aside.
- On a slice of bread, spread some of the truffle cream cheese, lay a slice of cheese and the arugula.
- Layer the jamon and chorizo alternately.
- On the other slice of bread, spread again the truffle cream cheese and another slice of Manchego.
- In a saute pan, drop a chunk of butter and let it melt. Once it's melted, put the sandwich and press using a plate or anything that has weight. Toast until golden brown. Flip the sandwich, drop some more butter and repeat.
- When finished toasting, put the sandwich on a cutting board, slice in to halves or quarters, and lastly, ENJOY!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!