It’s a typical Italian dish, that is easy to make with simple ingredients, and ideal for a last-minute delicious meal. Choose meatier tuna, a few parsley leaves for additional flavor, and the best extra virgin olive oil. The sauce will make this dish even tastier and more filling, and your dinner will be even tastier!
Tuna Pomodoro Linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and halved
- 350 g tomato passata
- 200 g canned tuna in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt + a pinch for tomato passata
- 400 g linguine
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the peeled and halved garlic clove and cook for 2 minutes over high heat.
- Add the tomato passata, the drained tuna, 1 tablespoon of oil and season with a pinch of salt.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Break up the tuna with a spoon. The sauce should simmer gently. Turn off the heat, remove the garlic and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta, boiling it in plenty of salted water, according to the al dente package instructions.
- Drain the linguine, then add it directly into the saucepan containing the tuna tomato sauce. Stir for a few moments over high heat to mix everything.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.