A restaurant-style chicken recipe that can be prepared at home easily… Chicken leg quarters are marinated in a tenderizing mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and spices and then baked in the oven with perfection.
- 3-4 tbsp thick yogurt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala powder
- Pinch of ground turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of orange food color
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 2 tbsp tablespoons butter melted
- With a sharp knife, make slight cuts to each chicken leg quarter.
- 2.In a large bowl, add all ingredients except for chicken and butter and mix until well combined.
- Add the chicken leg quarters and coat with the yogurt mixture generously.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Arrange a wire rack onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl and discard any excess marinade.
- Arrange the chicken leg quarters onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and coat with butter.
- Flip the chicken leg quarters and again coat with the butter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve alongside your dipping sauce and fresh salad.
Calories: 221kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 12gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 56mgPotassium: 151mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 56IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 7mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Now you know how to make Tandoori Chicken.Would you like to try cooking it?