As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ragù Bolognese is a rich and tasty sauce made with minced meat and tomato sauce, ideal for pasta, tagliatelle, lasagna and makes tasty first courses! It's a classic when it comes to great Italian cuisine.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, celery, carrot and rosemary and cook for 5 minutes over high heat.
- Add the minced beef and pork and simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat, until nicely browned. Crumble the mixture with a wooden spoon, until the liquid has been reduced.
- Add the wine, cooking over high heat, until the alcohol has completely evaporated, then add the tomato sauce and water.
- When the sauce begins to boil, transfer the saucepan to a small burner, cover and cook slowly for about 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and add a pinch of pepper. When ready, your Ragù Bolognese should be creamy and delicious!
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Sodium: 723mgCalcium: 51mgVitamin C: 10mgVitamin A: 2510IUSugar: 6gFiber: 2gPotassium: 865mgCholesterol: 101mgCalories: 412kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 11gFat: 29gProtein: 26gCarbohydrates: 8gIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!