<!–googleoff: index–>As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.<!–googleon: index–>
Radish leaves palya
Radish leaves are having more essential vitamins and minerals and are high in dietary fibres. It is surprising to know that the green radish leaves are having more nutrients than the entire radish itself. There are huge health benefits come along with the consumption of radish leaves. To list few are,- Increases immunity and reduces fatigue.- Prevents jaundice.- Detoxifies body and helps to cure piles and constipation.- Helps in weight reduction.- Helps to reduce blood sugar level.- Prevents cancer with regular consumption.Radish leaves palya is a traditional South Indian side dish, which can be either consumed as such or along with plain rice or rotis. It is very easy to prepare and extremely healthy.
- Radish leaves chopped -2 cups
- Onion big -1 no.
- 2 pcs Green chilli
- 6-8 pcs Curry leaves
- 10 ml Coconut oil – 10 ml
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- 1 tsp Bengal gram dal
- 1 tsp Black gram dal
- 1 tsp Salt – 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- A pinch Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Asafoetida –a pinch
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- • Take a pan and add 10 ml coconut oil to it and keep at medium flame until it gets hot.
- • Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, black gram dal, Bengal gram dal, a pinch of asafoetida, and finely chopped green chillies into the pan. Sauté them for a minute.
- • Then add finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, and a pinch of turmeric powder and sauté for a minute.
- • Finally add cleaned and chopped radish leaves and sauté them for five minute and cook for five minutes by closing the lid of the pan on medium flame.
- • At last, add salt, and lemon juice, mix well and serve after garnishing with coriander leaves.
Sodium: 6mgCalcium: 38mgVitamin C: 121mgVitamin A: 240IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 30mgCalories: 17kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 2gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!