<!–googleoff: index–>As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.<!–googleon: index–>
Pa Amb Tomaquet
There’s really nothing quite like perfectly ripened tomatoes, grated over crusty, rustic bread, drizzled with the best olive oil of its kind and finished off with flakes of sea salt, to bring out its flavour even more. This is one of those dishes that you will literally see all over Spain as a starter to your meals. It’s called the Pa Amb Tomaquet or Pan con Tomate, and it really is just what it is. Grated tomatoes over bread. This one is definitely a no brainer as it only requires less than five ingredients, but what makes it tricky but exciting is being able to gather the best quality ingredients.
- 2 pieces Tomato extra ripe/hanging/on-the-vine
- 1 clove Garlic peeled
- As needed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- As needed Sea salt
- 1 loaf Bread Ciabatta/Baguette/Coca
- Cut the ripened tomatoes into smaller pieces for convenience.
- Using a grater, slide the ripened tomatoes back and forth until turns into pretty much crushed tomatoes. For a finer consistency and to speed the process up, you may also use a blender/food processor for this. In this recipe, a food processor was used. When finished, transfer to a container and set aside in the chiller.
- Slice the bread into 8 portions, lay them on a cookie sheet/pan and toast inside the oven until golden brown. Once finished, pull the bread out and set aside.
- Bring the tomatoes out of the chiller. Using a spoon or an offset spatula, spread a thin layer of your freshly crushed tomatoes over the toasted bread, drizzle some olive oil over it and finish it with some sea salt and a dash of parsley for some added taste!
Sodium: 1mgCalcium: 1mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 2IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 2mgCalories: 1kcalPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 1gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Now you know how to make Pa Amb Tomaquet Would you like to try cooking it?