Onion pakoda date back its origin to ancient Indian traditional kitchen. It is a very famous appetizer in southern parts of India. It finds its place as an evening snack with a cup of hot coffee or tea these days.
Onion Pakoda Nutrition Value
Even though they are deep-fried, come with many health benefits as well. To list a few,
- Onions are known to be nutri-dense foods as they are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and low in calories.
- Onions have antibacterial properties and boost digestive health.
- They helps to prevent cancer, diabetes, bone and heart problems.
- They enhance metabolism and prevents anemia.
- 1 cup Gram flour/ Besan
- 1 tsp Rice flour
- 2 Onion
- 3 tsp Red chilli powder
- 250 mL Sunflower oil (for frying)
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- Slice the onions vertically into thin pieces
- Take a bowl, mix a gram flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and ginger garlic paste all together with little water to adjust it to the paste consistency
- Take a frying pan and pour sunflower oil for deep frying and heat it
- Drop the Pakoda mixture in the form of small pieces into the oil by hand
- Deep fry it till golden brown color
- Serve the hot crunchy pakoda with either some sauce or chutney
- Note: Pakoda can be stored for one week with proper storage using air-tight boxes.
Gearing to watch a movie or just chill? here’s a good snack for you to have. Try cooking Onion Pakoda.