Breakfast is an important meal of the day and this very impressive, stylish, and healthy dish will fill you up and fuel you for the irresistible day will never let you skip the breakfast anymore.
A tostada is mainly a toasted Bread open sandwich packed with veggies and /or eggs, cheese, or chicken that can be served up with a style in the high-end restaurant and served down with simple ingredients.
The tostada can be twisted easily and prepared in no time to your liking with or without eggs that can make a satisfying and perfect meal for breakfast, snack, lunch, or dinner in no time packed with flavors and suitable for all if you are vegetarian or vegan.
- • First, you decide if you want your eggs poached or fried.
For poached eggs:
- First, to have a firm white and a runny yolk, you need to poach the egg for a min, if medium for 5-6min, and if hard you may go for 8min.
- 1. In a saucepan filled ¾ with water, bring to boil water, then reduce to low heat.
- 2. Crack the egg in a ramequin or a little bowl and remove the liquidly whites which are not stacked in the yolk.
- 3. Add 1tsp vinegar (no taste of vinegar will be in your finished egg) to the boiled water and with a spoon stir to create a vortex.
- 4. Put the cracked egg in the center of the vortex and set your desired time.
- 5. Once the time is over, with a slotted spoon remove the egg and place it on a paper towel to remove the water excess.
For fried egg:
- 6. In a skillet, heat over medium heat with olive oil.
- 7. Crack each egg separately in a small bowl or a ramequin.
- 8. Pour the egg slowly one after the other, cover with a lid and let it cook till you the white is firm and yellow cooked to your desire and remove, seasoned with salt and black pepper of chili flax.
- 9. You can have sunny side up eggs, or over-easy eggs by flipping the eggs for 30 seconds and you still have the yolk medium-cooked or cook for more to have over hard eggs.
- 10. In a hot skillet, put the cheese slices over medium heat, after the liquid fully dried off, turn the cheese till it gets golden brown from both sides.
- The assembly of the tostada
- 11. Slice the avocado and coat it with the lemon juice to stay in its bright color
- 12. In a serving plate, place the toasted bread
- 13. Layer the sliced tomatoes, avocado, grilled cheese
- 14. Topped all with the poached or the fried egg
- 15. Sprinkle fresh parsley or chia seeds on top
- 16. Enjoy it and Bon Appetit!
Tostado Around the World
They are so simple and easy to rock up with many sorts of topping to take you to different places not only in the Mediterranean but also around the globe, it can be:
French: open Parisienne baguette sandwich.
Italian: mini-crusted pizza with a tomato sauce and melting mozzarella cheese.
Greek: crusted pitta bread topped with tzatziki salad, sweet tomatoes, and Feta cheese.
Middle eastern: a toasted sourdough bread topped with shakshuka or Hummus and labneh (the straighten yogurt)
South American: crusted tortilla topped with tomato salsa and avocados
British or Scandinavian: opened scones with smoked salmon.
Russian: a toasted slice of bread with butter and the prestigious caviar.
Are you still thinking? Start now and you will not regret having these Mediterranean Tostada