<!–googleoff: index–>As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.<!–googleon: index–>
Halibut en Papillote
If you are looking for a fast and easy but healthy way to cook fish for dinner then the “en papillote” method is the way to go! En papillote is a cooking method in which fish and vegetables are steam baked in a sealed pouch made of parchment paper. You can add any type of light and flaky fish to the pouch along with your favorite vegetables and little liquid. Then in a matter of minutes you have dinner ready. One of the best parts is there is virtually no cleanup or dishes to wash because you can just throw the parchment paper away after you finish the meal. It is a very healthy way to prepare fish and doesn’t leave a fishy smell in the kitchen. This method of cooking fish comes from Italy and is widely used in many fine dining restaurants today. We hope you will enjoy the recipe for Halibut en Papillote.
- 4-6 ounce Halibut Fillet
- 5 pcs Shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp minced yellow onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup yellow squash, julienned
- 1/4 cup shaved carrot
- 5 Stalks diced asparagus
- 1/4 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- lemon wedges for garnish
- parchment paper
- Cut all the vegetables and get all of your ingredients together before starting to build the paper pouch
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper equal in size (2ft x 2ft). Set one of the pieces and lay the other flat on the counter. Place the butter, garlic, onion in the center of the paper.
- In a large bowl, add all the vegetables together with 1 tbsp. Of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together well until fully coated. In a separate bowl, add the halibut, shrimp and 1 tbsp. Olive oil together. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Place half of the veggie mixture on top of the butter in the middle of the paper. Then add the fish and shrimp on top of the veggies. Then add the rest of the veggies on top of the fish so you have a pile of everything layered in the middle of the parchment paper.
- Place the other piece of parchment on top of the other piece with the piled ingredients evenly. Take both corners of papers and fold them inward making a crease. Then, take another section next to the fold and fold it inwards. Keep doing this around the pile until everything is sealed except for a small opening.
- Pour the white wine inside the pouch, then seal it up by continiing to fold and crease. Make sure to press down hard on the creases to seal the pouch
- Place the pouch on a baking tray andn place in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the over and transfer the entire pouch to a plate. Rip open the top of the paper and place the lemon wedges inside. Serve and enjoy.
- You can eat everything directly from the pouch
Sodium: 188mgCalcium: 28mgVitamin C: 20mgVitamin A: 568IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 611mgCholesterol: 86mgCalories: 508kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 11gFat: 41gProtein: 22gCarbohydrates: 3gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If you ever find yourself rushing to cook dinner and would love to try something simple and healthy, then the Halibut en Papillote is definitely your choice.