Do you fancy Chicken more than any other dishes out there? So, we also do! One of the topmost chicken haute cuisine from the subcontinent country, India, is Chicken Makhni or Butter Chicken. No dish can stand in front of its rich, intensified creamy flavor.
Giving you the perfect texture, heavy cream & yoghurt stand out with the right amount of moisture that makes the chicken tender and juicy when served. Its bold taste doesn’t require you to put in fancy ingredients; instead, it consumes only those readily available ingredients at any grocery store.
Butter Chicken (Chicken Makhni)
- 3 tbps unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 pcs garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 2 pcs tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and ground black pepper as required
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt whipped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Melt the butter in a large wok over medium-high heat and sauté the onions for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and ginger and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 2-3 minutes, crushing with the back of spoon.
- Stir in the chicken, spices, salt, and black pepper and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until desired doneness of the chicken.
- Stir in the yogurt and heavy cream and cook for about 8-10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot.
Origin & Serving:
Being one of the best famous main course dishes from Indian cuisine, it is the dish that is eaten worldwide due to its authentic taste! It is often served in a few ways: usually, people like to have it with traditional garlicky flatbread known as Garlic or Simple Naan.
If you’re not a bread person, that’s fine; you can also have this butterfly spiced rich gravy and tender chicken pieces along with a bowl of plain white rice.
Though this recipe sounds unhealthy to numerous people out there, the truth is it is not. Overall, 10-35% of our calories should be obtained from proteins and only one serving of butter chicken gives you 30g proteins close to the daily protein intake of an individual.
Now you know how to make Chicken Makhni Would you like to try cooking it?