As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
There really isn't anything better than piece of crispy fried chicken! Well, to take it further and double down, try this delicious chicken cordon bleu recipe. Delightfully crispy on the outside and ever so juicy on the inside. Plus, the chicken is stuffed with ham and swiss cheese to bring the party to the next level! Chicken cordon bleu is a classic Swiss dish that was adapted by the French in the early 50’s and is still found on many restaurant menus today. It’s very easy to make and looks even better on the plate with its crunchy golden appearance. Once you try this delectable chicken dish your guests will be raving about your cooking for days to come.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices deli ham
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Dry thyme
- 3 large eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the chicken breasts and lay them out flat on a cutting board. Place a piece of saran wrap or a plastic baggie over the chicken breast and pound them out flat to about ¼ inch thick using a meat mallet or small pan.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Lay two pieces of ham on the chicken breast followed by two pieces of Swiss cheese.
- Fold the chicken in half to conceal the meat and cheese inside of the chicken. Lightly coat the stuffed chicken with all-purpose flour.
- In a bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder and dry thyme. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together well.
- Coat the flour dusted chicken in the egg mixture then transfer to the breadcrumb mixture and coat them completely. Make sure to get the chicken fully coated in the breadcrumbs.
- In a large pot, add enough vegetable oil to cover the chicken breasts. Heat the oil to 325 degrees. Once the oil is up to temperature, gently place the breaded chicken in the pot.
- Cook the chicken in the oil for about 5 minutes on each side or until the outside is golden brown and crispy. Remove the chicken from the oil and allow to rest on some paper towels. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees.
- Transfer the chicken cordon bleu to a plate, serve and enjoy!
Sodium: 2249mgCalcium: 509mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 282IUSugar: 4gFiber: 4gPotassium: 8600mgCholesterol: 1449mgCalories: 3530kcalSaturated Fat: 38gFat: 111gProtein: 525gCarbohydrates: 73gIron: 17mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!