You may think that choosing a kitchen sink would be a piece of cake, but you’d be so wrong! Kitchen products are unbelievably varied. There are so many brands, designs, and features that it can be challenging to decide which is best for you. After all, a sink can make your whole kitchen come to life.
But you don’t have to panic just yet! We’ve done the research for you and outlined five small kitchen sink reviews, along with their advantages and disadvantages. Let’s dive right in.
- 1 Best Small Kitchen Sink by Brand
- 2 Small Kitchen Sink FAQ
- 3 Pick a Sink or Two
Best Small Kitchen Sink by Brand
One of the higher-end stainless steel kitchen sinks, but not exactly in price, this sink will give your money’s worth. For the mid-range price, you get a 28″ single bowl sink that’s going to attract compliments in your kitchen.
The sink is made of 16-gauge stainless steel, and it feels heavy-duty and sturdy. And because it has the same smooth finish as more expensive sinks, you won’t regret the purchase. It’s also very deep, so you can easily wash your stockpots, baking sheets, and cutting boards.
Another fantastic thing is the sound-deadening mechanism. The sound-absorbing pads can absorb more than 80% of the noise from the garbage disposal. And not many stainless steel sinks come with this kind of system.
Many other brands don’t include the rack and the clips for an undermount installation. But if you order this sink, these extras are included. A good-quality rack along with a pack of little feet comes with the sink.
To prevent scratching, you can just keep the rack at the bottom of the sink.
- High Quality Sink
- Deep enough to fit piles of dishes
- Great sound-absorbing mechanism
- Extras like a rack and clips included
- Prone to scratching if you aren’t careful
- Debris won’t flush down immediately
This single bowl sink is excellent if you’re looking for something sleek, stylish, and timeless. But since it has a reversible design, you can install it either with a traditional front or a decorative band feature. You can select between two available colors: Creamy Biscuit or White.
The farmhouse-style sink is made from clays baked at high temperatures. Fireclay is known for its strength, making this kitchen sink durable and long-lasting. The porcelain finishing neatly packs the whole sink together and gives it a smooth and glossy texture.
Unlike stainless steel sinks, any scratches on this fireclay sink would be barely noticeable. And if scuffs are to appear, you can softly scrub them, and it’ll be as good as new. It’d be good to get a bottom cover to prevent heavy dishes from damaging it. If you do that, this sink will last even longer.
Compared to some metal sinks, this one is much less noisy. You won’t hear vibrating from the dishes. Furthermore, the extremely quiet garbage disposal drain is a standard size, so you won’t need any adapters to hook up to the system.
Finally, the sink comes with a clearly understandable manual for installing it on your own.
- Upscale appearance
- Doesn’t scratch easily
- The product comes with clear installation instructions
- It may crack if not installed properly
- A bit pricey
If your kitchen is small and doesn’t have a lot of counter space, this sink might just be perfect. It’s affordable, and the seamless joints give the whole kitchen a polished look.
This 12″ single bowl kitchen sink is made of 16-gauge stainless steel that’s rust and stain-resistant. The grid that comes with it is also stainless steel. You can put it at the bottom of the sink for better drainage. Furthermore, this protects your sink from occasional pounding and ensures its longevity.
Another excellent feature of this sink is the X-indented sloped drain that prevents water pooling, which, as you may know, is bound to happen.
Finally, this sink looks even more expensive than it is because of its attractive design.
- Comes with a drain catch basket
- Very affordable
- Patent-design sloped drain
- Comes with accessories (a drying rack and a basket strainer)
- Installation will require plumber’s putty or seal
- May easily develop water spots
If you’re on a budget but looking for an elegant sink, you probably won’t regret purchasing this Houzer kitchen sink. It’s a 304 stainless steel sink that is very low-maintenance. It’s been a favorite for many users because of its ability to handle everyday use and resistance to water spots.
Because of the rough finish, it has a sort of industrial feel to it, perhaps to an extent that makes it great for less-traditional houses. All of the parts are pretty standard, so even non-plumbers should be able to install this sink.
And if you’re a fan of three-hole faucets, that’s exactly what you’re getting with this sink. It’s a great combination of style, function, and price. For the low price, this kitchen sink even comes with a lifetime warranty against material defects.
Apart from that, the sink doesn’t come with extra details. This is a no-frills kitchen sink, after all, but there are many compatible Houzer accessories that you can add to it later.
- Highly affordable
- Classic look
- If you have a granite countertop, you’ll have to cut it to fit the sink
- Rather flimsy clamps
This undermount sink by the award-winning brand Zuhne is perfect for small kitchens and even RVs. To begin with, it’s praised as one of the quietest on the market. The insulation pads do a fantastic job and can cancel most noises or vibrations. And since they cover over 90% of the sink, they also protect it from any condensation or heat damage.
It’s made of 304 stainless steel (SAE 304 is the most common type of stainless steel used in kitchen appliances and fixtures. Overall, the Zuhne Modena feels solid, thick, and premium quality. If you’re not into overly shiny sinks, this one can be a good option.
Another thing is the company’s excellent customer service. If you have any problems with your sink, be it the installation or delivery damage, you’ll be able to get in touch with someone.
- Extremely quiet
- Solidly built
- Doesn’t stain easily
- Water may drain a bit slowly
- May scratch easily
Small Kitchen Sink FAQ
Do All Stainless Steel Sinks Scratch Easily?
Stainless steel kitchen sinks are affordable, easy to clean, long-lasting, and can be strain and crack-resistant as well. On the flip side, they’re prone to developing scratches even if you don’t actually scratch the stainless steel. The material shows hairline scratches easily with regular contacts, like as simple as putting dishes on it and sliding them off. To prevent this, it’s best that you get a rack for your sink.
Furthermore, you may want to clean the sink regularly, ideally every time after doing dishes. This will keep your sink polished and scratches not as visible.
What’s the Best Way to Clean a Stainless Steel Sink?
The main thing to keep in mind is that your stainless steel sink requires regular maintenance if you want it to look beautiful. Make sure that you wipe it regularly with a soft sponge to remove any water and grease stains. You could use a damp sponge as it works well with stainless steel sinks.
Next, you should do deep-cleaning at least once a week. There are many commercial products available, but you can also use regular baking soda. Avoid any products that contain chloride as it may cause corrosion.
Finally, always use a non-abrasive sponge to avoid further scratching.
What’s the Best Way to Clean a Fireclay Sink?
Fireclay sinks aren’t as prone to scratching as stainless steel sinks. But they do need a gentle scrub here and there to preserve their elegance. Use lukewarm water and a soft cloth to remove any accumulated dirt or grease. You don’t need to use any harsh chemicals; the regular dishwashing soap should be just fine.
In addition to baking soda, you can clean the stains on your fireclay sink with vinegar. Dampen a piece of paper towel with vinegar and leave on the stain for a couple of hours. It can work wonders.
Which Sinks are the Most Durable?
Stainless steel sinks are considered to be the most durable. Get one that’s made of 16 or 18-gauge stainless steel if you want it to be really long-lasting.
Is a Single or a Double Sink Better?
The answer to this is that it depends on your preference and the size of your kitchen. Generally speaking, for smaller kitchens and RVs, a single kitchen sink is a better choice. On the other hand, double sinks are great if you have enough space because you can fill one basin with hot water and soap and the other with clear water for rinsing. Washing dishes in a double sink is definitely faster, which is why restaurants use this setup. Even if you prefer to use your dishwasher, it can be handy to reserve one of the sinks for the garbage disposal.
Pick a Sink or Two
Designing the cabinets and the tiles for your kitchen is already a long process. Believe it or not, getting the perfect sink that’s affordable, functional, and attractive-looking can be an even harder decision. However, now that you’re at the end of this guide and all 5 best small kitchen sink reviews, you should have no problem choosing a most fabulous sink for your kitchen.
- INDESTRUCTIBLE CONSTRUCTION: Dent-resistant T304 stainless steel in TRU16 real 16-gauge (always 1.5mm thick) for superior strength and durability
- COMMERCIAL GRADE SATIN FINISH: Resilient and easy to clean, corrosion and rust-resistant; matches most kitchen appliances
- QUIETEST SINK: NoiseDefend soundproofing technology with non-toxic SoundGuard undercoating and extra-thick pads covering over 80% of the sink
- FREE ACCESSORIES: Multi-functional stainless steel dish grid protects sink bottom, 3 piece basket strainer set, premium Kraus kitchen towel, mounting hardware, cutout template – LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY and customer service that puts you first
- Outer Sink Dimensions: 28” L x 19” W x 10” D. Min Cabinet Size: 33”; Spacious basin perfect for soaking and washing your largest pots and pans
- CHEF GRADE SINK SET Cook, clean and entertain like a pro with food-safe accessories that eliminate clutter and provide workstation functionality; 10 second gentle wipe keeps sink sparkling and hygienic forever
- INDESCTRUCTIBLE RUST-PROOF T304 STAINLESS Toss heavy iron casts or hot pans without worrying about dent or damage; Uniform 16 gauge top to bottom for 40% more steel per sink – not a thick deck with thin basin
- QUIETEST SINK GLOBALLY Cancel noise and vibration with 2.5x better noise and thermal insulation than any other brand; Protect your expensive cabinets when you flush ice or defrost frozen food
- BLENDS WITH MODERN DECOR Same premium brushed stainless as high end appliances; R10 tight radius corners for sleek aesthetics and easy maintenance; Sloped base drains fast without tipping glasses
- SAFEST CHOICE Certified to US and Canada codes with lead-free parts and daily product support from US call center; We are BBB A+ rated and Inc5000 fastest growing American owned and operated brand