Cookware is an essential item in any kitchen. Sometimes, you’ve got to spend money when looking for quality. When it comes to cooking, the kitchenware you use matters a lot. It also gives you a boost as you prepare your meals.
If you’re considering purchasing quality kitchen products, here is a quick review of All clad vs Calphalon vs Anolon. There has been an exciting evolution in cookware. Today, some of the materials used to make these products include stainless steel, cast iron, and bronze aluminium.
- 0.1 ALL-CLAD [H911SA64] ESSENTIALS NON-STICK SET
- 0.2 All-Clad Features and Benefits
- 0.3 Calphalon Premier Space-Saving Stainless Steel
- 0.4 Calphalon Features and Benefits
- 0.5 Anolon  Advanced Hard-Anodized Non-stick Cookware
- 0.6 Anolon Features and Benefits
- 1 Cookware Considerations
- 2 With these considerations in mind, would you prefer stainless steel or non-stick?
- 3 Cookware Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Final Verdict
- Set includes: 8.5 & 10.5-inch fry pans, 4-quart saute pan w/ lid, 2.5-quart sauce pan w/ lid, 7-quart stockpot w/ lid and multi-purpose insert, 13-inch square pan, and two bonus silicone trivets
- PERFORMANCE FOR DELICIOUS, EVERYDAY COOKING, Essentials Nonstick heavy gauge aluminum delivers consistent, delicious cooking. The high-quality nonstick brings a long-lasting and easy release to cook with less fat.
- DESIGN YOU'LL LOVE with nonstick-safe nested design to stack and save space, a permanently secured comfort grip ensured by the double riveted stainless steel handles, and an easy size identification thanks to capacity markings
- VERSATILE & EASY CARE-Essentials Nonstick is oven safe up to 500°F and compatible with any stovetop except induction.The glass lids are oven safe up to 350°F.To preserve the nonstick quality over time, hand wash your cookware.Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- DESIGNED IN CANONSBURG, PA – USA, Made In China
The All-clad cooking set is made of aluminium material and has 10 pieces. These include fry pans, a sauté pan, a square pan, a stockpot, and a saucepan. The stockpot, sauté pan, and saucepans come with lids.
As part of the set, there are two silicone trivets which can be used as table tops or for storage. Meal cooking becomes easy, as the products are designed for use even in the oven. For chefs, simply slide and toss your food without worrying about spills.
All-Clad Features and Benefits
The non-stick attribute comes in handy when cooking and cleaning. It’s very easy to cook, clean, store, and serve. With this set, you do not have to worry about extra dishes to use when serving your meals.
For individuals with minimal space, the pots and pans are stackable. Stack and store them in a cabinet or the packaging box. Use a wooden, plastic, or silicone spoon when cooking or serving.
A big benefit of using All-clad is that it indicates when the food is ready. After your food is cooked, it’s easy to scoop from the pan. When cleaning, do not use rough material that could scratch the aluminium. Use a sponge when cleaning to increase the lifespan of these products.
- All-clad handles do not get hot, so you don’t need to worry about getting burned from overheated handles
- The products are durable when you maintain them properly
- You can use them for cooking and serving – no more extra dirty dishes to clean
- The price might be high compared to others
- Stacks smaller, saves 30% more space
- Stacks and nests in any order. Stainless Steel handles stay cool while cooking
- 3 layers of metal quickly and evenly distribute heat
- Flat tempered glass covers save space
- Set Includes: 8" fry pan, 10" fry pan, 12" fry pan, 2.5 qt saucepan with lid, 3.5 qt saucepan with lid, 4.5 qt soup pan with lid, 3 qt saute pan with lid, 5 qt sauteuse with lid, 8 qt stockpot with lid.Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents
Calphalon Premier has several pieces in a set. The options include 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 15 per set. A set consists of different frying pans, sauté pan with cover, saucepan with cover, and a stockpot.
Calphalon lids are flat and made of tempered glass. This makes storage easier, as they are easily stackable. This feature helps you arrange your kitchen in an orderly manner.
Calphalon Features and Benefits
Calphalon handles are made of stainless steel, which may heat up in the cooking process. Food is susceptible to stick when cooking. When cleaning, scrub gently to avoid scratching the pots and pans. The lids are interchangeable, to use on one or more pots.
Calphalon premier has a very firm grip especially for chefs and cooks to toss and slide food.
- It is dishwasher friendly
- You can use pots and pans for different meals
- Even distribution of heat, leading to energy savings
- The cookware is able to handle different cooking burners
- The 6 cookware set cannot accommodate cooking for a large group of people
- When stacked up, it’s difficult to access the smaller pots
- The glass lid is fragile and could break
- Durable nonstick pots and pans: Hard-anodized construction provides efficient, even heat distribution; pots and pans set features elegant tulip profile with distinctive bronze exteriors and chocolate interiors
- Enhanced nonstick cookware set: Premium-quality, restaurant-tested PFOA-free nonstick is long lasting and metal utensil safe with superior food release and effortless cleanup
- Comfort and control: The cookware set’s Anolon SureGrip handles offer solid, comfortable grasp and are dual riveted for strength
- Form follows function: Shatter-resistant glass lids retain heat and moisture during cooking; Cookware set is oven safe to 400 degrees F
- Hard anodized cookware set includes: 1-Quart Saucepan with Pour Spouts, 2-Quart Saucepan with Lid, 3-Quart Saucepan with Lid, 3-Quart Sauté Pan with Lid, 8-Quart Stockpot with Lid, 8-Inch Frying Pan, 12-Inch Deep Frying Pan with Lid and Helper Handle
The Anolon set is made of hard aluminum both inside and out. This set comes in different pieces, including 6 pots, 5 lids, and a frying pan. Cook your food without having to worry about having it on the inner surface. This cookware set comes in 12 pieces.
The lids are made of glass so you can see your food as it cooks. The colors of these pots and pans are dark and light brown. This blends in well with other kitchen colors. It has even heat distribution, reducing the chances of having burnt food.
Anolon Features and Benefits
The handles have a top layer that protects your hands from getting burned. The hard aluminum prevents the Anolon pans and pots from getting scratched, even with a metallic spoon. The lids have handles, to make it easier to cover and uncover the pots.
Anolon saucepan has a spout to pour liquids and food. The frying pan has a deep surface and a support handle.
- Even heat distribution saving on energy
- Grip handles offer firm support, especially for chefs and cooks
- Lifetime warranty
- Use different pots to cook different meals
- The pots have measuring indicators
- Anolon cookware is appealing to the eye
- Anolon cookware comes in large sizes, hindering storage
- For large scale use, like in restaurants, the cookware cannot be used in a dishwasher
Before creating a shopping list, you have to decide how much money you’re willing to spend. Cookware has a range of prices, mostly depending on the size and the quality of the material. Anolon, Calphalon, and All-clad come at different price points, based on the material and features they offer.
The cookware also comes with different pieces in a set. The prices vary depending on the type of set that you select. It’s economical to buy cookware in sets, instead of buying one piece at a time.
Every cookware comprises different materials. These are aluminium, hard anodized, stainless steel and cast iron.
The materials used on the cookware guide you on the types of meals to cook. A major similarity in Calphalon, All-clad and Anolon is that they are used for cooking all meals.
It’s worth doing some research of cookware to determine how long it can serve you. You should learn how to handle the pots and pans for cleaning, storage, and usage.
If something is durable, it means it’s reliable. Anolon, Calphalon and All-clad are of strong material that can handle different burner sources.
Ease of Cleaning
Cleaning is a major concern before making a cookware purchase. There are different ways of cleaning, including dishwashing, spraying, and hand washing.
Anolon and All-clad cannot be cleaned in a dishwasher while Calphalon can be cleaned in a dishwasher. All-clad has a specific spray used for cleaning – it is very important to use the appropriate spray to preserve the quality.
When choosing cookware, there has to be a specific purpose. For instance, non-stick pans can be used for grilling, roasting, and cooking. The stainless steel pots are used for making soups and steaming.
For these reasons, you have to buy based on your cooking needs. All-clad, Calphalon, and Anolon give you the freedom to choose depending on your cooking needs.
With these considerations in mind, would you prefer stainless steel or non-stick?
- All-clad non-stick scratches easily, which may reduce durability. Calphalon is made of stainless steel, which is highly resistant to scratches. This makes it easy to clean.
- The handles of Calphalon and All-clad get hot. If handled without protective gloves, they can burn you.
- When it comes to cleaning, use a non-abrasive scrubber or dishwasher for the stainless steel.
- Anolon is non-stick, both in and out as compared to Calphalon, which is made of stainless steel.
The Best Cookware Brand
Anolon Company started in 1986 and deals with bakeware, pantry ware, kitchenware and cookware. Anolon believes in giving the best and has a lifetime warranty for their products.
Calphalon was started in 1963, as a commercial Aluminum cookware company. The company’s products are made of stainless, non-stick and ceramic materials.
All-clad Company was started in 1971. The goal behind their products was to design cookware, suitable for chefs and home cooks.
Other cookware vendors are Brooklyn copper, Lifetime, Manpans, Solidteknics and 360 cookware.
Cookware Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How should you store your cookware pots and pans?
Cookware storage is very essential. You can stack the pots and pans together, then place them in a central place. Before stacking the non-stick, place a soft cloth to avoid them scratching each other. Calphalon and All-clad are stackable and do not need much storage space.
Q. Are Anolon and All-clad dishwasher safe?
No. Anolon and All-clad are made of non-stick material, so they need a soft sponge to clean. Dishwashers can damage the materials of these pans and pots. Your cookware can be scratched, reducing its effectiveness and quality.
Q. How many pieces of cookware does one set have?
A set of cookware has different pieces. When buying your cookware, you can select different pieces. Anolon has 12 or 15 pieces in a set. Calphalon has 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, or 15 pieces in a set.
In this All clad vs Calphalon vs Anolon review, we’ve seen how all three have their benefits and specific features. Anolon, Calphalon, and All-clad are great for home cooking and professional chefs alike.
These are quality, long-lasting, and widely used brands. When it comes to durability, it all depends on how you handle the cookware. Depending on the materials of each, follow the guidelines when cleaning and storing. Anolon cookware gives value for money based on the features and benefits it comes with.